Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Star Wars Modern Lego: Marina Abramović

For some time my 11 year old nephew, Sebastian Mesler, has been after me to work on a Star Wars Lego animation with him, but my heart isn't in it. Last night we struck a compromise and made a Lego Marina Abramović - The Artist is Present - diorama as her performance art marathon was coming to an end.

I'm posting our work as I am aware that I haven't posted in a while. I haven't been idle. Inspired by Abramović's retrospective and Antony Gormley's outdoor installation Event Horizon I am working on a series of posts about Rosalind Krauss's 1979 essay, Sculpture in the Expanded Field. More to come...

..but before I get into that, our Lego/Art geek mash up wouldn't be complete without a show of tears. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello... if this is the sebastian I know, are you his uncle john???
    --Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. wup. Never mind, I just saw your name on this page. Hi John its me remember? We met a few times at sebs b-day parties.
    --Sam C

    ReplyDelete